Wednesday 6 May 2009

IN THE SHADOWS OF A SILVER MORN (Pangolin 1999)


PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED

I've rarely made any real rough mixes while recording. Instead I've tried to beat the songs into shape at once, not giving up until I've got it right, or at least what I thought was right at the time. With Pangolin, guitarist Mikael and I did a first mix to get an idea what the recordings sounded like. It had to be said though that this rough mix isn't very far from the finished album mix, but still, there's a difference between the two which is somewhat hard to explain in words. It's more of an emotional difference than anything else, something you sense rather than actually hear.

Very few have actually heard this rough mix, and I'm not even sure anyone else in the band has a copy of it. Therefore I've decided to release it here, but anyone downloading should be aware that it won't reveal a lot you didn't know about the album from the officially released version.

Included at the end is a bonus track, a rough mix of the song we contributed to Ptolemaic Terrascope. (More of which here.) I've never liked this recording in either version, but have I to choose one of two embarassing things, I'd go with this one.

DOWNLOAD PART 1
DOWNLOAD PART 2

4 comments:

  1. Hi Peter! Hope you're doing fine! Been a lot of water under lots of (collapsed) bridges (for me at least).
    I just found this blog and it's fantastic!!!
    Cheers
    Mick C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there my long gone friend! It's so great to hear from you again! Sorry to hear about the "collapsed bridges" - I hope it will straighten out in the end. I'd love to get in proper touch with you again - any chance we can do it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello peter, i'm an italian lover of acid/psych/folk/prog music. First time I've hear and appreciate your music thanks to "mutant sound". It's impossible to find your CD in my country but I discover your blogs so thanks to much to give me the possibily to discover other your albums .... and naturally listen your beautiful music Bye Bye Marco P. C. (SP)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Marco! I'm afraid it's impossible to find my CD's anywhere by now, so I'm very happy for the efforts of the Mutant Sounds crew. They have kept my music alive, and I'm forever grateful for that. Thanks for your appreciation, and check back later here for new additions.

    ReplyDelete